Together Everyone Achieves More
At Fleetdown Primary, our pupil's wellbeing is of the upmost importance. To ensure all children are supported with have implemented:
- Chatterboxes, overseen by the Family Liaison Officer
- An accredited Nurture provision and apply Nurture principles across the school
- A qualified counsellor
- Run interventions to develop pupils' self-esteem
- Are making ongoing improvements to classrooms to improve the learning environment for all pupils
- Our Pirate Ship staff run Deaf Healthy Minds lessons
- All staff give children work to create a positive environment where mistakes are seen as a normal part of learning and an opportunity. Staff also all children time to communicate and listen to their concerns
- We have carried out research on the use of massage therapy to reduce pupil anxiety (see below).
Each class now has a Chatterbox where they can put their name if they need to speak to an adult. These are checked every day and we aim to respond to the children within 24 hours. So far, the chatterboxes have proved incredibly popular and have enabled us to provide extra support for those children that need it as well as hear about some things that the children have enjoyed both in and out of school.
It is important not to neglect our mental health, particularly now. Click the link below for a calendar of simple actions that we can take every day to help us all through this difficult time.
Kooth is an online counselling service that is available for all children in Dartford. Here are some resources that explain more about it and how to access the support.