Together Everyone Achieves More
Personal Development at Fleetdown
At Fleetdown we believe that every child should be empowered and taught to:
- Develop and discover their interests and talents
- Develop their resilience, confidence and independence
- Know how to keep themselves mentally and physically safe
- Become responsible, respectful citizens who make a positive contribution to our society
- Have an understanding of fundamental British Values
- Appreciate and celebrate diversity
- Be learners for life
As such, throughout their time at Fleetdown, our children are supported to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives, both now and in the future.
Our whole school approach to Personal Development is not only embedded in our curriculum, but also enriches this through additional awareness days, workshops and our extra-curricular offer. These approaches help our children to build their unique personal identities, confidence and self-esteem as well as to understand what influences their decisions.
How is this achieved?
From EYFS to Year 6, in an age appropriate way, our children are assisted to learn everyday essential life skills which include:
- Developing positive, healthy and productive relationships through our Relationships and Sex education (RSE)
- Maintaining good health and wellbeing
- Staying safe both online and offline
Our children are also encouraged to aim high and aspire to be the best that they can be through a range of careers related activities. As well as this, our children are supported to become active citizens in our society. This is achieved through learning about the fundamental British values: democracy, the rule of the law, individual liberty and tolerance.
A full outline of Fleetdown Primary Academy's Personal Development offer can be found in the document below.