Together Everyone Achieves More
Leading Parent Partnership Award
What is The Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)?
The aim of the LPPA is to enable us, as a school, to work in a more effective way with parents and other stakeholders, such as local businesses.
Whilst we undertake the LPPA, we will be seeking to improve on the following areas:
- Demonstrating a commitment to achieving the LPPA
- Making plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA
- Being a welcoming and friendly place for parents
- Promoting awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning
- Holding, and actively promoting a programme of events for joint parent and child participation
- Providing a good induction for all new parents
- Providing parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning
- Producing and implementing parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links
- Providing good support for all parents and children as they move through or leave the school
We hope that, by focusing on these key areas, we will be able to communicate more effectively with parents and key stakeholders, as well as to create a true partnership learning.
What have we done so far?
A large part of the LPPA is asking parents for feedback, and acting on this.
So far this year we have sent 3 parent surveys to ask for parents' feedback, as well as holding regular parent forums and coffee morning to seek this more informally.
Also, we have begun and continued to work on renovations across the school including the quad project, the outside of the main buildings and renovating/refreshing our signage to ensure everyone can find their way around.
On top of this, we have increased our repertoire of parent volunteers across the school, which we are very grateful of and aim to expand further.
We have been working on promoting learning for parents - be that helping you to help your children, or improving your own learning.
What are we doing next?
We are currently reviewing our processes for induction to ensure that all new parents receive a fantastic induction experience.
We will be looking at the way that we promote and reward attendance in school too.
How can YOU get involved?
If you would like to be involved in our LPPA work, please contact Toniann.Braniff@galaxytrust.co.uk