Together Everyone Achieves More
‘A child learns best when they have strong self-esteem, a sense of belonging and resilience.’
Children’s happiness, well-being and security is our number one priority. At Fleetdown Primary School Mrs Vicky Yates is our dedicated Nurture HLTA. Both Mrs Yates and Mrs Kingsland (Nurture TA) work with a range of children who need additional support. We are fortunate enough to have a dedicated Nurture classroom, where small groups of children can be taught using the principals of Nurture. These include
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing.
- Language is a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- The importance of transition in children’s lives.
Where needs are identified, Nurture interventions will be implemented following a discussion with parents/carers. These may take place across the school week within the morning. Currently Nurture groups are running in Year 1, 2 and 3. These groups are reviewed regularly.
Our aim is to ensure that not only do all pupils feel happy, secure and valued and have support when needed.